Monday, November 29, 2010

Pork Fruit Cake

I looked for a picture for this, especially since I am NOT going to make it. EVER. I came up short, so I drew a picture of a pig. Cute, huh? I thought so, too.

Let's not have the pig stare at you for nothing. Moving on.

Pork Fruit Cake

1 1/4 lb. fresh ground pork
2 boxes raisins
4 c. nuts
1 Tbsp. allspice
1 Tbsp. cloves
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 lb. sugar
6 eggs
5 c. flour (use 1/2 c. over nuts and raisins)
2 tsp. soda
1 pt. wine

Mix flour, soda and spices. Cream pork and sugar; add eggs, one at a time. Add wine, flour alternately. Add floured nuts and raisins; mix well. Line bottom of pan with greased brown paper. Bake at 250 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours or until done. Remove paper when done.

Mrs. Ed. H. Lindley, Brimingham South Council, Calling All Cooks, pg 129

Why waste good wine?

Here is what I can imagine it looks like. I drew this, too. Call me Michelangelo.

No comments:

Post a Comment